This week is my friend's birthday, and I offered to get her a piñata to celebrate. Piñatas are the greatest gift/party idea to ever be invented. If I could do 23 all over again, I'd celebrate it with a piñata and not all the whiskey cokes I originally had. Anyways, happy birthday, friend!
Texas Chainsaw 3D (sans Massacre) topped the box office with $23m. Django Unchained (The D is silent) followed in second with $20m. I wish more people were watching Django so it could get one official weekend at the top. 2013, you're doing it wrong!
The rest of this weekend's box office numbers are below.
1. Texas Chainsaw 3D - $23,000,000
2. Django Unchained - $20,082,000
3. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - $17,525,000
4. Les Miserables - $16,117,200
5. Parental Guidance - $10,125,000
6. Jack Reacher - $9,300,000
7. This Is 40 - $8,558,520
8. Lincoln - $5,258,000
9. The Guilt Trip - $4,530,000
10. Promised Land - $4,311,563