Remember last week when I said I'd sneak in humanimal versions of the Flixist staff? Fooled you! Actually... I don't even think anybody was aware of it... and I may or may not have forgotten about it. We can't go back in time, so let's chalk it up to gravity. That's a plausible excuse, right?
This past weekend, Resident Evil: Retribution topped the charts. I understand the cash cow that comes with the Resident Evil film franchise, but my god, the films barely represent the source material of which they're based on. Of course, with a solid box office take and a double entrendre-laden score of 69, the film has to be something special, right?
...maybe not. The rest of this week's box office numbers are below.
1. Resident Evil: Retribution - $21,100,000
2. Finding Nemo - $17,504,000
3. The Possession - $5,800,000
4. Lawless - $4,219,000
5. ParaNorman - $3,039,464
6. The Expendables 2 - $3,030,000
7. The Words - $2,880,000
8. The Bourne Legacy - $2,875,250
9. The Odd Life of Timothy Green - $2,511,000
10. The Campaign - $2,405,000