Are you guys ready for a shocker? I'm not really into Lord of the Rings. I saw one of the films, but I honestly couldn't tell you which one it was or what it was about. The things you do for girls in high school, right? I mean that as what you do when you're high school age, not currently 25 and still doing things for girls in high school. That'd just be wrong and... man, it's getting late, isn't it?
All jokes aside, The Hobbit took in a monstrous $84.7m this weekend, easily eclipsing all other films this weekend. It'll be interesting to see whether or not The Hobbit will have staying power next week when Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained releases. Spoiler alert: I've seen it and it's... well, you'll have to find out next week, won't you?
The rest of this weekend's box office numbers are below.
1. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - $84,775,000
2. Rise of the Guardians - $7,420,000
3. Lincoln - $7,244,000
4. Skyfall - $7,000,000
5. Life of Pi - $5,400,000
6. Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 2 - $5,175,000
7. Wreck-It Ralph - $3,273,000
8. Playing For Keeps - $3,247,000
9. Red Dawn - $2,394,000
10. Silver Linings Playbook - $2,084,000