UPDATE: Super Bowl TV spot for Star Trek Into Darkness
8:30 AM on 02.05.2013 // Hubert Vigilla@HubertVigilla
[UPDATE: In addition to getting tix to early screenings of Star Trek Into Darkness, downloading the Star Trek App will also give users an exclusive look at an extended cut of this Super Bowl spot. A little more information about the Star Trek App has been included after the cut.]
One of the interesting meta things about the Super Bowl spot for Star Trek Into Darkness is that it straight-out asks Benedict Cumberbatch who his character is. Cumberbatch provides a suitably cryptic answer to the question. He really should have just covered his mouth with his hand and said, "I'm Gotham's reckoning!"
Even though Star Trek Into Darkness is slated to come out May 17th, you can actually catch the film two days early. A Star Trek App has been released and is available here or by visiting StarTrekMovie.com/StarTrekApp. Using the app, you will be able to purchase tickets in select cities to a special screening of Star Trek Into Darkness at 8:00pm on May 15th. Tickets are now on sale, so quit slacking.
Some of the functions of the Star Trek App include:
- New Star Trek Into Darkness content (e.g., videos, images, wallpapers) delivered directly to user's mobile device
- An audio scan function that can be turned on to automatically recognize and reward users for watching Star Trek Into Darkness content on TV and other media
- An image scan function that enables users to interact with images printed or viewable in the real world
- A geofencing function for location-based experiences such as encouraging viewers to go to the movies
- Other exclusive opportunities and special offers only available to app users
Reblog (or) Blog Reply
Setup email comments
Unsavory comments? Please report harassment, spam, and hate speech to our moderators, and flag the user (we will ban users dishing bad karma). Can't see comments? Apps like Avast or browser extensions can cause it. You can fix it by adding *.disqus.com to your whitelists.