Meet our Fellowship. pic.twitter.com/Npouu6ZlRt
— The Lord of the Rings on Prime (@LOTRonPrime) July 27, 2019
Some new details about Amazon’s upcoming Lord of the Rings series have come out and they confirm basically the entire creative team behind the production. Including the likes of Lindsey Weber (10 Cloverfield Lane), Bruce Richmond (Game of Thrones), and Gennifer Hutchison (Breaking Bad), it looks like the talent behind this show will be of the highest caliber.
Amazon also confirmed at this weekend’s Television Critics Association press tour that Lord of the Rings will “explore new storylines preceding J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Fellowship of the Ring.” J.D. Payne and Patrick McKay will serve as showrunners while J.A. Bayona (director of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom) will handling directorial duties on the pilot. The rest of the creative team can be found below.
- Executive Producers: Lindsey Weber (10 Cloverfield Lane), Gene Kelly (Boardwalk Empire), Bruce Richmond (Game of Thrones), and Sharon Tal Yguado, former head of genre at Amazon Studios.
- Writer/EPs: Gennifer Hutchison (Breaking Bad), Jason Cahill (The Sopranos), and Justin Doble (Stranger Things)
- Consulting Producers: Bryan Cogman (Game of Thrones) and Stephany Folson (Toy Story 4)
- Producer: Ron Ames (The Aviator)
- Writer/Producer: Helen Shang (Hannibal)
- Writing Consultant: Glenise Mullins (Terminator Genysis)
- Costume Designer: Kate Hawley (Suicide Squad)
- Production Designer: Rick Heinrichs (The Last Jedi)
- Visual Effects Supervisor: Jason Smith (Bumblebee)
- Tolkien Scholar: Tom Shippey (“J.R.R. Tolkien: Author of the Century”)
- Concept Artist: John Howe (Peter Jackson’s The Lord of the Rings Trilogy)