We already know a great deal about what we’ll see in 2012. Sure, there are certain to be many surprises before the year is out, but we’ve all begun making our lists of our most anticipated films of the year.
So for this month’s topic, I’d like us to look past what we will see and instead think about what we probably won’t see. This is the territory of pipe dreams: those films that we wish beyond wish to see, though deep down we know it will never happen. This month, I’d like you to write about that film.
Whether you want to resurrect dead actors, spend billions of dollars, or use technologies that don’t even exist yet, describe your pipe dream film and load it into our blogs with the title “A musing dream: Whatever you want”. Please use the “Bloggers Wanted Response” tag so you can get that tingly “official” feeling. Don’t have enough to say to justify a full blog? Think harder. Or, you know, leave a comment and get a discussion going right here. Click through for some tips.
Need to know more than just these few tips? Check out the Ultimate Guide to Everything Flixist.
- Please proofread. Your blog shouldn’t be a mess of misspellings and half-finished sentences.
- Lead off your blog with an image, just like a header image used on the front page.
- Write an intro of a paragraph or two to tell us what you’re talking about and why we should keep reading.
- Find the sweet spot of length. Don’t make it too short that you can’t offer a complete thought or so long that Thomas Pynchon wouldn’t be able to finish it. Being as weird as Pynchon is totally encouraged, though.
- Every few paragraphs, put in a new image. It makes your blog pretty like Alison Brie and makes people want to sex it like Alison Brie.
- Have fun! Let your voice come through. Let us get to know you. Sing your own special song. Let your light shine. Turn on your heartlight. Also, don’t be cliched.