We all knew what was going to happen this weekend. The next crappy vampire movie would come out, tons of people would see it, and millions upon millions would be made. Indeed, all of these things happened.
All I am left to think now is that there’s still one more of these crappy vampire movies left for people to see. And I’m sure, being the last one, that it’s going to make even more money more quickly. The worst is yet to come.
There is one very bright spot to the weekend. The Descendents opened in tenth place with about 1.2 million. Why is that significant? Because it opened in a total of twenty nine locations. That’s a seemingly impossible feat. There’s definitely something special about this one.[via Rentrak]
1. The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 – $139,500,000
2. Happy Feet 2 – $22,025,000
3. Immortals – $12,252,000
4. Jack & Jill – $12,000,000
5. Puss in Boots – $10,725,000
6. Tower Heist -$6,957,830
7. J. Edgar – $5,900,000
8. A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas – $2,900,000
9. In Time – $1,675,000
10. The Descendents – $1,222,344