I suppose a more appropriate title to this post would have involved a far larger number — something like the sixty-five million that Captain America made this weekend — but we can’t always get what we want. We can, however, celebrate the massive amount of money we all spent this weekend on movies.
Remember that Harry Potter thing that happened? It continued to make a lot of money this weekend, though I must admit my surprise that it didn’t beat out the Captain. Not that Captain America wasn’t going to make a bunch of money, but I fully expected Potter to just keep making bucket after bucket of cash. Oh well, I guess 273 million is enough for two weeks.
Also, how in the world is Midnight in Paris still showing up?[via Rentrak]
1. Captain America: The First Avenger — $65,058,524
2. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows II — $47,422,212
3. Friends with Benefits — $18,622,150
4. Transformers: Dark of the Moon — $12,051,735
5. Horrible Bosses — $11,884,319
6. Zookeeper — $8,702,055
7. Cars 2 — $5,655,857
8. Winnie The Pooh — $5,162,046
9. Bad Teacher — $2,610,925
10. Midnight in Paris — $1,804,662