Remember when Pirates made all that money? I fully expected it to keep making wheelbarrows of cash, landing at first place even in the face of more animated animals and alcoholism. But it didn’t. It was bested by both.
The Hangover Part II made far, far more money than I thought it would, coming in at 86 mil for the weekend. For an R-rated movie! That’s damn impressive, and more than a little disappointing given the quality of the comedy. Oh well.
Regardless, Pirates has made a lot of money and will probably continue to do so. At this point, I have no idea what to expect from next week, but one thing is clear: people are buying movie tickets. Lot of them.
1. The Hangover Part II — $86,480,000
2. Kung Fu Panda 2 — $48,000,000
3. Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides –– $39,321,000
4. Bridesmaids — $16,372,530
5. Thor — $9,365,000
6. Fast Five — $6,617,820
7. Midnight in Paris — $1,919,212
8. Jumping the Broom — $1,900,000
9. Something Borrowed — $1,845,000
10. Rio — $1,780,000