Beep beep. Beep beep. Yeah.
I doubt anyone’s surprised by Cars 2 winning at the box office this weekend, but I’m not so sure that it’s as impressive as Pixar wanted it to be. Sure, a first place finish is always great, but Cars 2 made half of what Toy Story 3 did during its opening weekend. Unfair? Maybe, but it does prove one thing: Cars is hardly in the same league. Big surprise, I know.
If you’re more interested in Bad Teacher, then you’ll be happy to know that it made some money. I guess. So did some other movies. Have fun checking out all the numbers detailed below. Also feel free to color the above picture and email it to me. I can give you absolutely no good reason to do so.
1. Cars 2 — $68,000,000
2. Bad Teacher — $31,000,000
3. Green Lantern — $18,350,000
4. Super 8 — $12,100,000
5. Mr. Popper’s Penguins — $10,300,000
6. X-Men: First Class — $6,600,000
7. The Hangover: Part II — $5,865,000
8. Bridesmaids — $5,371,995
9. Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides — $4,702,000
10. Midnight in Paris — $4,480,768