When Cars 2 came out, it was “Drive My Car.” Now, it is “Help.” Which Beatles song will I reference in a most obvious manner next? I’ll have plenty of material to work with, I’m sure. At least until the release of Eggman vs. Mega-Walrus. No idea what I’ll do with that one. Hey, SyFy. You listening? Make an Eggman vs. Mega-Walrus movie. It will be played at my funeral.
What I’m really trying to say here is that The Help made the most money this weekend. And that’s it, really. I have nothing more to say about The Help. I will say, however, that every new movie just did terribly. Spy Kids: Smell How Bad This Movie Is did the best of the bunch, pulling in about twelve mil. Yep, the rest did worse than that.
Help, indeed.[via Rentrak]
1. The Help — $20,479,000
2. Rise of the Planet of the Apes — $16,300,000
3. Spy Kids: All The Time In The World — $12,020,000
4. Conan The Barbarian — $10,000,000
5. Fright Night — $8,300,000
6. The Smurfs — $8,000,000
7. Final Destination 5 — $7,705,000
8. 30 Minutes or Less — $6,300,000
9. One Day — $5,127,567
10. Crazy, Stupid, Love — $4,950,000