Despite its being terrible, Contraband snored its way to the top spot at the box office over the weekend, which brings me to the conclusion that people just really want to see light-haired Kate Beckinsale. I mean, that’s the logical deduction here, right? That’s really the only novel part of the whole engagement.
One weird case was The Iron Lady making 5.3 mil at its 802 locations. That puts it at a pretty high per-location average and makes it a pretty decent showing. This would be all the more impressive if the film wasn’t kind of crap, but we can’t have everything.
What did you see this weekend? Read the full list and tell us which money pot you contributed to.[via Rentrak]
1. Contraband – $24,063,515
2. Beauty and the Beast – $18,490,000
3. Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol – $11,500,000
4. Joyful Noise – $11,345,000
5. Sherlock Holmes: A Game Of Shadows – $8,410,000
6. The Devil Inside – $7,900,000
7. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo – $6,800,000
8. Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked – $5,800,000
9. War Horse – $5,607,000
10. The Iron Lady – $5,386,000