There were a couple of notes I wrote that didn’t make it into my Fifty Shades of Grey review. Since it nearly broke the February box office opening record (which currently belongs to The Passion of the Christ’s $83.8 million) with $81.7 million, I figured it was appropriate to share them here:
- Really, “Laters, baby?”
- My sister says the film follows the book too closely, leading to her boredom
- Did Ana cut her own hair? Who thought cutting Dakota Johnson’s hair with toddler’s safety scissors was a good idea?
- Also, she doesn’t seem to take care of herself. Why are all these guys vying for the attention of someone who doesn’t bathe?
- Do we really need a song for each sex scene?
- Whoa, Beyonce covering Beyonce is the best idea
- Who lets their friend do their interview for them? How irresponsible!
- “I find you intimidating” “You should. EAT!”
- “Holy cow”
- Dakota Johnson has the best stunt butt
Hit the jump for the box office performances for the Valentine’s Day weekend.
1. Fifty Shades of Grey – $81, 670,400
2. Kingsman: The Secret Service – $35,600,000
3. Sponge Out of Water – $30,540,000
4. American Sniper – $16,435,000
5. Jupiter Ascending – $9,430,000
6. Seventh Son – $4,152,930
7. Paddington – $4,105,000
8. The Imitation Game – $3,545,000
9. The Wedding Ringer – $3,400,000
10. Project Almanac – $2,370,000