I know you’d love for me to come here and tell you that either Cowboys & Aliens or The Smurfs won at the box office this weekend, but I’m not going to do that. I’m not being a jerk, holding out just because I don’t want either of them to win; they are both honest-to-god losers.
Maybe tying for first can’t exactly be called losing, but that’s the story I’m sticking to. Neither made a particularly impressive amount of money, and considering that they both made the same paltry sum, I’m prepared to declare them both the non-victors. Your prize is a tube sock filled with gummy worms with which I will flog you. Get in line.
To read about all of the other films that somehow seem more like box office winners than these two, look below and find numbers.[via Rentrak]
2. Cowboys & Aliens — $36,206,250
2. The Smurfs — $36,206,250
3. Captain America: The First Avenger — $24,905,000
4. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows II — $21,925,000
5. Crazy Stupid Love — $19,300,000
6. Friends with Benefits — $9,300,000
7. Horrible Bosses — $7,100,000
8. Transformers: Dark of the Moon — $5,970,000
9. Zookeeper — $4,200,000
10. Cars 2 — $2,301,000