Diary of a Wimpy Kid ruled at the box office this weekend, beating out Sucker Punch by a surprisingly narrow margin. I honestly don’t know which film seems more appealing. Hey, we could always just go watch Limitless again, which took the third spot.
Also worth pointing out is that Rango continues to make a bunch of money while Mars Needs Moms continues to make absolutely none. It’s just insane. Every week that goes by just floors me — how can that movie be making that little money?
Anyway, take a look at all the numbers from this weekend.
1. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules — $24,400,000
2.Sucker Punch — $19,015,000
3. Limitless — $15,225,000
4. The Lincoln Lawyer — $11,000,000
5. Rango — $9,800,000
6. Battle: Los Angeles — $7,600,000
7. Paul — $7,506,050
8. Red Riding Hood — $4,340,000
9. The Adjustment Bureau — $4,244,520
10. Mars Needs Moms — $2,186,000