Despite looking utterly terrible, Green Lantern became the next in a long line of superhero movies to take the top spot at the box office. In honor of this, I want to reveal to you the next movie I’m working on, set for release in summer of 2011.
The film stars a crimefighting team of sentient kitchen appliances, each with its own unique superpower that is totally unique. Blendo lives outside in his Blend Box and makes razor-sharp gadgets with which to defeat his foes. His impressive arsenal is complimented by The White Crock Pot, who has the ability to fight crime with his powerful heat beams. But even this power pales in comparison to Captain Microwavables, a poor little thing that was abandoned on the streets only to develop into a hardened fighter with a strange aversion to a foreign material called aluminiumite.
Reserve your tickets early to avoid disappointment. Then check out this week’s box office numbers below.
1. Green Lantern — $52,685,000
2. Super 8 — $21,250,000
3. Mr. Popper’s Penguins — $18,200,000
4. X-Men: First Class — $11,500,000
5. The Hangover: Part II — $9,635,000
7. Bridesmaids — $7,487,430
8. Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides — $6,236,000
9. Midnight in Paris — $5,237,400
10. Judy Moody and the Not Bummer Summer — $2,241,000