The not-really-for-kids kids’ movie Rango did a rather fantastic job of getting viewers into the theater this weekend, opening at first place at the box office way, way ahead of the second place The Adjustment Bureau. If you haven’t seen it yet, you really should read our review of the flick — it is pretty awesome and really isn’t like any other animated movie you’ve seen.
The other thing to note this weekend is the atrocious opening of Take Me Home Tonight, which failed to even appear in the top ten. It’s sort of sad in light of Topher Grace’s pledge of 1% of the film’s sales. Hopefully the film will do even a little better in the future if only for that reason.
Otherwise, you’ll see all the rest of the weekend standings down below.
1. Rango — $38,000,000
2. The Adjustment Bureau — $20,945,000
3. Beastly — $10,115,000
4. Hall Pass — $9,015,000
5. Gnomeo and Juliet — $6,912,000
6. Unknown — $6,620,000
7. The King’s Speech — $6,501,000
8. Just Go With It — $6,500,000
9. I Am Number Four — $5,702,000
10. Justin Bieber: Never Say Never — $4,325,000