See what I did there? I said sure lots of bones because it kind of sort of sounds like Sherlock Holmes which made a lot of money this weekend and money and bones are the same thing.
Now, with that horribly constructed sentence out of the way, Sherlock Holmes did, indeed, make a lot of money. In fact, a lot of money in general was made this weekend, with Alvin making a ton, and even Mission Impossible’s early limited launch landing the third spot. The Descendents has sadly left the top ten (it was number eleven), which can be blamed entirely on Twilight. Because why not.
Full up monetary values in numerical form can be found in the full post.[via Rentrak]
1. Sherlock Holmes: A Game Of Shadows – $40,020,000
2. Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked – $23,500,000
3. Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol – $13,000,000
4. New Year’s Eve – $7,420,000
5. The Sitter – $4,400,000
6. The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 – $4,300,000
7. Young Adult – $3,650,000
8. Hugo – $3,625,000
9. Arthur Christmas – $3,600,000
10. The Muppets – $3,454,000