Yay! A really good movie made a lot of money and gave me an opportunity to write a stupid headline! Yay!
Seriously, though, Razak and Katz both really liked The Grey, and I’m thrilled that it landed at number one. The rest of the results don’t tell a particularly interesting story, though I am surprised that Man on a Ledge didn’t pull in more money given how generic-thrillery its trailers painted it to be. When I first heard the film’s concept I was actually a bit excited for it. Then I saw the trailer. Oof.
See where your favorite landed and let us know what you saw over the weekend.[via Rentrak]
1. The Grey – $20,000,000
2. Underworld: Awakening – $12,500,000
3. One for the Money – $11,750,000
4. Red Tails – $10,400,000
5. Man on a Ledge – $8,250,000
6. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close – $7,145,000
7. The Descendants – $6,550,000
8. Contraband – $6,532,250
9. Beauty and the Beast – $5,345,000
10. Haywire– $4,000,000