People. They love the devil.
That’s the conclusion I’ve come to after pulling together the results from the weekend box office. Mission Impossible has finally been pushed down a notch by a movie that everyone has already seen: some dudes removing demons from people. Sure, it has the distinction of being about multiple simultaneous demonic possessions (shouldn’t it then be The Devils Inside?) but, honestly, why are people still so interested in exorcism films? I really want to know.
Some other, more pleasing surprises await in the full results.[via Rentrak]
1. The Devil Inside – $34,500,000
2. Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol – $20,500,000
3. Sherlock Holmes: A Game Of Shadows – $14,055,000
4. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo – $11,300,000
5. Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked – $9,500,000
6. War Horse – $8,603,000
7. We Bought a Zoo – $8,450,000
8. The Adventures of Tintin – $6,600,000
9. Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy – $5,767,288
10. New Year’s Eve – $3,265,000