If ever a film had a strange road to the screen it’s The Hateful Eight, but after a cancellation and a strange live reading it is coming and we now have our first look at the titular eight. EW brings to us the line up of all eight characters who get stuck in a saloon during a snow storm. After that they either all hug or there’s lots of blood. It’s Tarantino so I think you know which happens.
The characters include:
- Kurt Russell as John Ruth, a “mean sonuvabitch” bounty hunter on his way to Red Rock with a murderous woman in tow.
- Samuel L. Jackson as Major Marquis Warren, a former Union officer who lives in the Wyoming mountains.
- Jennifer Jason Leigh as Daisy Domergue, an infamous outlaw taken prisoner by Ruth.
- Michael Madsen as Joe Gage, a cowboy.
- Tim Roth as Oswaldo Mobray, a Brit and new hangman of Red Rock.
- Walton Goggins as Chris Mannix, a Southerner who claims to be the sheriff.
- Bruce Dern as General Sanford Smithers, a former Confederate general.
- Demian Bichir as Bob, a Mexican man who’se taken over innkeeper duties at Minnie’s while the owner is away.
It’s basically a lineup of Tarantino’s favorite actors and now he’s locked them in a room and made them play western. That sounds awesome. As far as this first look, it’s pretty much faces and a lot of furs, but it’s hard not to get excited seeing just this.