We mentioned not too long ago that horror maestro John Carpenter is working on a new album and will play a few live shows. Well, the first track from Lost Themes II came out earlier today and it’s called “Distant Dream.” The album’s cover art and details are also up through Sacred Bones Records.
Give “Distant Dream” a listen below.
Seriously, that’s one hell of a Carpenter tune.
In addition to releasing a track from Lost Themes II (which comes out April 15th), Carpenter announced a slew of US and international tour dates, adding to his three previously mentioned shows in the UK and Iceland.
- June 2 – Primavera – Barcelona, Spain
- June 15 – Arlene Schnitzer – Portland, OR
- June 17 – Fox Theatre – Oakland, CA
- June 18 – Orpheum – Los Angeles, CA
- June 21 – Gothic Theatre – Denver, CO
- June 23 – Moody Theatre – Austin, TX
- June 24 – Majestic Theater – Dallas, TX
- July 2-7 – All Tomorrow’s Parties Iceland – Keflavík, Iceland
- July 6 – International Film Festival – Neuchâtel, Switzerland
- July 8 – Playstation Theatre – New York, NY
- July 12 – Lincoln Theatre – Washington, DC
- July 15 – The Masonic Temple – Detroit, MI
- October 28-29 – Albert Hall – Manchester, England
- October 31 – Troxy – London, England
I’ll be at the New York City show (already have tickets), so if you’re around, say hi. I’ll likely be wearing the Cinemetal t-shirt seen above in the header image.
I would love it if Italian prog-rockers Goblin (best known for their Dario Argento scores) opened for John Carpenter. They could totally do a dueling mash-up of the themes from Halloween and Deep Red (Profondo Rosso).
What do you think of “Distant Dream”? Let us know in the comments.[via AV Club]