The Man of Steel has been on an uneasy slope since photos and the trailers were released. No one knows how much influence Christopher Nolan’s Dark Knight has spread. It looked like Man of Steel may turn out to be a fairly serious Superman movie.
It seems that this fear of Nolan influence can be finally put down. According to JoBlo, a trusted source of theirs sent them reactions from the early screenings of Man of Steel:
– Imagine a Nolan story with Snyder effects/action.
– It’s the best movie of the year.
– There’s TONS of action with Superman kicking all kinds of ass in his suit.
– The cape is CG’d most of the time so it can look awesome.
– They have intentionally left out most of the Super action in trailers to save it.
– It’s not nearly as dour and serious as the trailers suggest.
– The movie is complete, minus the 3D post-conversion, which is currently taking place
I’m already excited for the fact that it has Zack Synder’s visual style, but the same story telling of Nolan. Also, they apparently haven’t spoiled the good fight sequences in the trailer which I’m almost the most excited about. That is quite the nice change of pace considering most trailers nowadays spoil major plot points and the best fight scenes.
It may be obvious that the “best movie of the year” quote is just a reaction from a really excited fan, but who knows? That particular screener could be correct in the long run. Expect Man of Steel to be released in theaters on June 14th.[JoBlo via Screenrant]