Some new details are available about Spike Lee’s new film that he wants to fund via Kickstarter. The team over at Shadow and Act scored an interview with Spike Lee about the project. Here are some of the basics:
- The vague, untitled film will be about people who suffer from blood addition but are not vampires
- No actors are currently attached to this vague, untitled film
- The vague, untitled film will be shot in Brooklyn and will try to employ new talent in front of and behind the camera
- Spike Lee on the tone of his vague, untitled film: “There is going to be a sensuality in this film that we haven’t had since She’s Gotta Have It. Black, naked people. Butt naked. Hey, I’d pay $20 for that [laughs].”
- Steven Soderbergh has contributed $10,000 to the vague, untitled film
Lee added that part of his vagueness about the project was to surprise the audience since too many people have movies spoiled for them through trailers and other sources. He also noted that he doesn’t have as much money on hand as some people think, and that it’s hard to secure financing for a film with this subject matter (as vaguely defined as it is).
As mentioned in the initial news post about this, the big issue still remains: Spike Lee is still trying to pitch himself rather than pitch his new joint. Look for more on this topic next week from the Flixist staff.[via Shadow and Act and Shadow and Act]