Two massive release dates landed yesterday. The first you knew was coming and isn’t much of a surprise: Star Wars: Episode IX will release on May 24, 2019. With the last two Star Wars films hitting in the holiday season we wondered if Disney might release Episode IX then as well, but it appears they’d like to dominate Memorial Day weekend instead. That’s fine for us, it means we get it sooner.
The second big release announced was for Indiana Jones 5, which will now land on July 20, 2020. That’s a full year delay from the last we heard, but we’re guessing that’s because nothing has started and both Spielberg and Ford are busy people. In fact it’s mostly Spielberg. He’s decided to direct The Post with Meryl Streep and Tom Hanks, because he hasn’t had enough Oscar nominations. After that the ball should really get rolling on Indy 5.
Disney also announced a host of other release dates including a two year delay for Gigantic.
- Ralph Breaks The Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2 has been pushed back from March 9, 2018 to November 21, 2018.
- A Wrinkle in Time will now open a month earlier, on March 9, 2018 instead of April 6, 2018.
- Disney Animation’s Gigantic has been delayed a full twoyears from November 21, 2018 to November 25, 2020.
- The live-action comedy Magic Campwill open in theaters on April 6, 2018.
- An untitled Marvel movie has been pushed from July 10, 2020 to August 7, 2020.
- Two new Untitled Disney Live-Action films have been set for release on April 3, 2020 and March 12, 2021.
- A new Untitled Pixar movie is now dated for June 18, 2021
- An untitled Disney Animation movie has been pushed a year from November 25, 2020 to November 24, 2021.