Been wondering where your Network Roundup had wandered off to? Japan Expo in Paris, France to be exact. Anime, manga, and video games action aplenty, and of course, cool French people, and like minded comradery. I couldn’t pass up the chance to get an ever so innocent looking drawing from The Legend of the Overfiend and LA Blue Girl creator, Toshio Maeda while there. Who doesn’t need a little tentacle loving?
Keeping with the spirit of Japanese entertainment, the network had some amazing Japanese news going on. Destructoid took on the forbidden combo of American RPG and Shojo manga. Japanator is going to drag you through the aisles of the convention floor all week. Flixist is making sure you don’t miss a detail about the Japan Cuts film festival. Finally, Tomopop reminds us how all these Japanese toys just have it out for our wallets. Who’s hungry from some squid?
- Would you play a Sailor Moon Mass Effect? Why yes I would Jonathan.
- The Last Story comes to North America August 14. So excite!
- Tales producer Hideo Baba on rewarding fan patience. Not a fan of the waiting game.
- A Daily Dose of Music: Japan Expo Live! Yes, I did rock out to this.
- Japanator Doesn’t Recommend: Japan Expo’s Churros. What else would you eat after you trave to the other side of the globe?
- Japan Expo ’12: Japan Expo coming to California. My convention agenda will never be the same.
- Kotobukiya chooses Hal Jordan of Earth for ARTFX+ line. Looking shiny and green.
- July Micropixel: The swimsuit contest. Toy and swimsuits are the perfect summer.
- Blue Blur hits Sanrio: Incoming Sonic Hello Kitty plush! Take off the toupe Kitty!