This weekend is the 14th annual New York Korean Film Festival, which runs from Friday, November 11th to Sunday, November 13th. The festival will take place in Astoria, Queens at the Museum of the Moving Image (MoMI).
This year’s opening night film is Yeon Sang-Ho’s Train to Busan, and the closing night film is Kim Jee-Woon’s The Age of Shadows. The five other films screening as part of the New York Korean Film Festival are as follows:
- Kang Woo-Suk’s The Map against the World
- Jo Sung-Hee’s Phantom Detective
- Lee Ho-Jae’s Sori: Voice from the Heart (New York Premiere)
- Kim Tae-Gon’s Familyhood (North America Premiere)
- Lee Yo-Sup’s The Queen of Crime (New York Premiere)