Woody Allen’s new film used to be called The Bop Decameron, but now it’s called Nero Fiddled. It’s a significant downgrade, especially since the original title sounded like a recently discovered Thelonius Monk record.
The film was shot in Rome and is comprised of four unconnected vignettes that have nothing to do with Giovanni Boccaccio’s The Decameron. (Obviously.) The cast includes Ellen Page, Alec Baldwin, Penelope Cruz, Roberto Benigni, and Jesse Eisenberg. Allen himself has an acting role in the film, his first since 2006’s Scoop.
Well, so here we go again.
I’m a little drained from yesterday’s retitling of Die Hard 5 (aka Dielander: The Hardening), but I did want to help Woody out since Crimes and Misdemeanors is one of my favorite movies of all time. So here are 20 other titles to consider for your new movie, Woody, or you’re welcome to use the Die Hard ones from yesterday since they’re better. And of course, everyone feel free to suggest your own titles in the comments.[Via IndieWire]
- Zelig III: The Domination
- Glam Rock Olive Garden
- Take the Cannoli and Run
- The Nerdcore Divine Comedy
- Charlie Parker with the Crystal Plumage
- Spaghetti Western with a Chance of Meatballs
- Super Smash Bros. Crump Battle
- Caligula Diddled
- Fellini vs. Mechafellini
- The Rockabilly Calzone
- Zombi 4: Disembowling Harry
- Decameroning Kirk Cameron
- Dante Alighieri, the Wrath of God
- Love and Death in Venice
- Johnny Stecchino 2: Il Boogaloo Elettrico
- Umberto Eco and the Bunnymen
- Dixieland Ferox
- Remo Williams: L’avventura Continues
- Don’t Torture a Duckling, It’s Sex With Someone I Love